Chickenhawk

Chickenhawk
award-winning crime thriller by Arnaldo Lopez Jr.

Monday, November 2, 2015

Writer's Curse?

Ugh, I've been up since four this morning! I've never been a morning person, and I'm even less of a morning person since I've retired. I'm not going fishing this morning, nor am I headed to the airport to jet away to some sun-drenched exotic locale. No, my muse figured she'd have a little fun at my expense and woke me up at this wretched hour with an intriguing (did I spell that right? Sorry, I told you that I'm not a morning person) idea.
  Oh believe me I fought her tooth and nail, tossing and turning in my nice warm cocoon of blankets until finally, with a groan I admitted defeat and rose to jot down this latest revelation from my apparently sleepless muse.
  Now I'm laying here, my mind all a-jumble with electric ideas, dialogues, and characters caring not about my want and need of sleep as they commune, interact and collide loudly with each other. We've all heard of and experienced writer's block, but could this be some sort of Writer's Curse? Could this be some sort of condition unique to creative types wherein the mind never truly rests, but is in constant flux; overflowing, overtaxed, overwhelmed with ideas, structure, paths, memories, and so much more hurtling along screaming rails until you finally give in with a groan and a whoosh of your mental air brakes? Maybe.
  But I wouldn't have it any other way. Except, maybe just a little later in the day? Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment