Chickenhawk

Chickenhawk
award-winning crime thriller by Arnaldo Lopez Jr.

Monday, November 23, 2015

I recently participated in Comite Noviembre's Puerto Rican Artisan Fair & Book Expo at Hostos Community College. It was such a refreshingly positive and powerfully energizing experience!
  The downstairs area was filled with visual artists of all types with exquisite paintings, sculptures, and more adorning the many artist's tables. Meanwhile upstairs, authors proudly stood by tables that displayed their literary work. Practically all of the genres were represented. It was a heady and exciting experience to be surrounded by so many talented and creative people of Latino(a) lineage. A perfect example of this are the enormously talented and effervescent Dania Ramos and her husband Mike. These two folks exuded creativity, energy, and positivity. Not to mention graciousness and class.
  I was also lucky enough to run into extremely talented and stalwart fellow authors Theresa Varela and Manuel Melendez. And of course Maria Aponte was there inspiring everyone with her own creative spark and energy!  Olga Huraira Ayala was there with her AWESOME artwork, as was Luis Cordero Santoni; lending his strength and wisdom to the attendees.
  Sorry if I missed anyone, but believe me when I say that it was a dynamic day that I won't soon forget. I can barely wait 'til next year!
Meanwhile, I encourage you to check out these books and their authors. Books make wonderful Christmas presents!






No comments:

Post a Comment