Chickenhawk

Chickenhawk
award-winning crime thriller by Arnaldo Lopez Jr.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Earlier this month I had the pleasure of attending Latina author Theresa Varela's reading and signing of her latest novel, "Nights of Indigo Blue."
  I had enjoyed the novel thoroughly, and so I looked forward to meeting the writer as well.
  I was not disappointed. Theresa is such a gem that she sparkled the entire evening: witty, knowledgeable, attractive, and forthcoming, she made time for everyone and I, along with everyone else, was swept away by her energy and good humor.
  Needless to say I got my copy of her wonderful novel autographed. I also enjoyed the poetry and spoken word of her invited poets and readers, and I had the pleasure of meeting Manuel Melendez; author of "When Angels Fall" and "Battle for a Soul".
  It was a good and feel-good experience, particularly seeing so much Latino(a) talent and their supporters.
  I definitely need to attend more of these functions.



No comments:

Post a Comment